ENTERPRISE ASSET MANAGEMENT
Every company needs assets, e.g. machinery, equipment, buildings, IT systems and infrastructure to create their products and provide their services. Any investment in these assets should contribute an optimal value to the business objectives.
Prompted, to accomplish more with less effort, maintenance and service departments are faced with the task of identifying the most important assets and to prioritize the necessary measures to ensure that scarce resources are used wisely. Regarding their services, a company is enabled to achieve the maximum value from its assets by applying the principles of service management.
Enterprise Asset and Service Management as a Strategy
Enterprise Asset and Service Management is both a strategy and a solution that helps companies, at the same time, to become lean and flexible on the one hand and on the other to develop an excellent service offering and provide outstanding customer service.
This requires, among other things, a real-time oriented and business-centric view of the assets and their useful service and maintenance. Our solutions for the Enterprise Asset and Service Management help to implement these perspectives and to generate income from your investments to the maximum value for your business.
Through an optimal support for business processes in the maintenance and repair, and by increasing the degree of automation of processes, production costs will decrease, risks (eg. shutdowns) will be reduced, and regulatory compliance regarding security and documentation will be promoted.
Through Enterprise Asset Management, companies particularly achieve the following benefits:
- increased productivity
- reduction of the number of failed changes
- minimization of events with negative impact on the business
- increased availability of services, hardware, etc.
- provision of reliable and accurate performance overviews, KPIs and SLAs as a basis for business decisions
- general reduction of costs
IBM MAXIMO - BASIS FOR OUR SOLUTIONS
Ascom delivers and implements enterprise-wide solutions based on the IBM Maximo product portfolio, i.e:
- IBM Maximo Asset Management
- IBM Maximo Asset Management Essentials
- IBM Maximo Mobile Work Manager
- IBM Maximo Mobile InventoryManager
- IBM Maximo Enterprise Adapter
- Tivoli Asset Management for IT
- Tivoli Service Request Manager
Using these products, and based on our years of experience in this field and in close partnership with IBM we create comprehensive and powerful solutions for our customers, such as with modules for the management of contracts, equipment, maintenance and service tasks, procurement, materials and resources as well as for workforce management.
We assist companies with powerful functions, especially in the following disciplines:
- Preventative maintenance
- Corrective maintenance
- Condition-based maintenance
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Lean Maintenance
IBM Maximo-based solutions offer a number of compelling advantages, including:
- role-based views of units and functions via dashboard and cockpit functions;
- functions for reporting;
- calculation and monitoring of KPIs;
- standardized integration with other systems, such as MES, SCADA and standard ERP systems (for example, SAP);
- flexible tools and capabilities for process definition and execution, escalations and notifications;
- flexibility in the customization of screens, menus and tables;
- ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, with safety regulations and environmental laws;
- audit-enabled coverage of the entire equipment life-cycle;
- management and allocation of predictable actions:
- ensuring the plant operation
- recording of all unplanned activities for a vulnerability assessment